Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nursey is finally complete!





Well we have officially finished the nursery. We are so excited and find the room to be a very relaxing place for us to hang out. The only thing missing is our baby. But she'll be here before we know it.

The biggest piece of the nursery, and hands down our favorite, is the cabinet/changing table station my dad built for his granddaughter. He has spent a lot of hard work, time, and money in building this and is definitely a one of a kind piece. (Andy and I are trying to convince him to make more and sell them.. it is absolutely gorgeous!) He made the cabinets out of oak, the changing table counter top is made out of birch, and the inside of the dresser drawers are made out of poplar. He also included which you can't tell in the picture, bamboo above the lights. The other great thing about this cabinet is that the lights are on a remote control. So that way when we hear her crying, we can click on the lights from our bedroom to her bedroom. (Andy and I are having a lot of fun playing with the "clicker.") But of course, it is really special because it was made with love from my dad.

The glider was given to us from my mom. It is actually quite comfortable and I find that it's easy to rock myself to sleep in it also. I know a lot of time is going to be spent in that chair. Thanks mom!

The crib is one that Andy and I picked out. We really liked it and Andy loves that fact that it is a lifetime bed. He believes that she'll take this bed to college. We'll see about that! He thinks it's a good way to scare guys off in the dorms if her baby crib is her bed.

Well I have nothing more to report as far having our baby. Everything is going beautifully and she'll come when she's good and ready. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment so hopefully everything is progressing. I've had the wonderful pleasure of experiencing the Braxton Hicks contractions. In a weird way, it's nice to know that she'll be here before long. Andy has been "promoted" in his job. He's not promoted in rank but in what he is doing. He is considered the Division Chief so he's in charge of his shop and I believe two others. So he has been working really hard at his squadron. One of the higher ups told him that if he continues to do well, he will recieve a medal. Did I mention that a Division Chief is actually a senior gunny position? So he's doing very well and I'm very proud of him! The bad news is with this job comes LOTS of responsibilites, work, and STRESS so we aren't able to spend a whole lot of time with each other. When we get a chance to hang out, we make the most of it. His phone rings off the hook all hours of the night it seems. I think sometimes he wants to just shut it off and relax... but duty calls!

Well until then...

2 comments:

  1. The cabinet/changing table is beautiful! What an awesome gift!!! The room looks great!

    Congrats to Andy on his promotion! Good timing :-) Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love the cabinet/changing table!! It's beautiful. And if you are like me, it will come in handy. I am not one of those who can change Rylie's diaper on the floor...I have to have everything in its own place, organized, and ready! We bought a smaller little changing table for Rylie and she is almost too big for it now, lol. Congrats to Andy and good luck!! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete